Sunday, October 31, 2010

Engagement

So as most of you know I got engaged last night on October 30th, 2010 to the most amazing man, Frank Clayton! This is how it happened. Frank told me that we were going to spend all day together so he picked me up in the morning and we went out to breakfast and then we went to a chocolate factory and saw chocolate get dipped and got some delicious free chocolate from his best friends mother. Then I wasn't feeling too good so we went back to his house and helped his mom out for a little bit and he said that we were going to go to a pumpkin patch and get pumpkins and carve them with his friends. So I was pretty sure it was going to happen at the pumpkin patch (because I knew it had to be coming), but when we were at his friends house they already had pumpkins and it was raining so we didnt go to the pumpkin patch. I was devistated. I was sure it was going to happen there. So I just let the fact go that I was getting a ring quite yet. We started carving pumpkins and I started getting really into it when Cade (Frank's best friend)'s mom came in and told the boys that she needed some boxes for something tomorrow. So they went and got some boxes and were gone for a little bit, but I wasnt suspicious at all I was just carving my pumpkin. Then Cade's mom said she had to go pick up something from someones house and if any trick'or'treaters came to answer the door and give them candy. A few minutes went by and someone knocked at the door. I went and saw a bunch of little trick'or'treaters and didnt even acknowledge the big gorilla standing behind them. They started walking away, but the gorilla was still standing there. I looked at him for a second and held out the bowl of candy to offer him some, when I see Gumby and Poky come out with a sign that said "Will you marry me?". The gorilla dropped to one knee, took off his mask and said "Nikki Coats will you marry me?" I dont even remember what I did with the candy bowl, but I immediately kissed him, then looked at the ring when everyone started screaming "WHAT'S YOUR ANSWER!?" I started crying and said YESSS!!!! and he slipped the most beautiful ring onto my well manicured finger :)

It was the most amazing night of my life. So soon enough I will be Nicole Michelle Clayton and be the luckiest woman in the world.

I love you Frank Clayton.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Nikki!!!! Frank sounds awesome! Wish I could meet him!
    Congrats for you both! You better keep me updated with your wedding plans :) just coz I'm in a different country doesn't mean I don't want to know :)
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete