Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Engagement and More

So as most of you know I am now engaged to the most wonderful man in the WHOLE world, Frank Clayton. This all happened on October 30, 2010. The story is so us and so perfect. It was the night before Halloween and we were supposed to go to his friend Cade's house so we could go to a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins. Well that morning he said he wanted to spend the whole day with me. ( of course I was expecting him to pop the question that day) He took me to Ihop and then we went to a chocolate factory and tasted chocolate and went and visited with his mom. After that we left for Cade's, but it was raining and so we couldn't go. So we were just hanging out and carving the pumpkins that were at his house. As I was carving an AMAZING pumpkin, I used seeds as the teeth and everything, Cade's mom said that she needed the boys to bring some boxes to some lady in the hospital or something. They told me that if any trick-or-treaters came to answer the door. So here I am, thinking that I'm not getting proposed to any more, SUPER upset, carving a pumpkin all alone. A few minutes later the door bell rings. I get up to answer the door and I see a bunch of kids in costumes ready for some candy. I also see some odd Gorilla man standing behind the kids..just standing. I give the kids their candy, they walk away, but the Gorilla is still standing there...just standing. I hold out the bowl of candy and say do you want some? Then I see Gumby and Poky walk out holding a sign that says 'Will You Marry Me?' The Gorilla takes of his mask, gets down on one knee, pulls out a ring and says "Nikki Coats, will you marry me?" of course I freak out and start crying, I don't know whether to kiss him on get that ring on my finger. So I do both.
Of course as soon as I get the ring on my finger I want to start planning our wedding. We set a date for April 16,2011. We get our venue at Chateau Fair art & antique gallery, which is the most beautiful place we found after some long and hard searching. Next step was colors. The colors we've chosen are lime green, mango orange, and eggplant purple. I've got my dress, which is the most beautiful thing I have ever put on my body. That took a lot of searching too. I've picked the flowers which are, black callas, green button poms, and orange dahlias. I've got the most beautiful bridesmaids and bridesmaids dresses. Everything is going perfectly. Engagement pictures are happening tomorrow so then we can get out our announcements. After that pretty much all that needs to happen is the wedding :).
Wedding planning can get pretty overwhelming. So other things also need to go into this post. Like other things that are happening in my life. I was picking up a child at work and hurt my shoulder. I've had to go through a bunch of crap trying to get workmans comp. It's just a bunch of bologna. They pretty much try proving you wrong instead of helping you. So I just gave up on people trying to help me. Two days before we went back to Virginia Frank totaled his car. Poor guy. He was pretty shaken up and got a few cuts and bruises, but I'm just happy he's alive. A car is a car. My fiance' is important :)
Frank and I went home to Virginia for Christmas and had a wonderful vacation! Nothing is better than spending time with my family. We went to Cary Town, Virginia Beach, D.C and had the most amazing bridal shower. It was so good seeing all of my friends and I got a rockin cake! The theme was fifties house wife. The prizes were aprons and it was just the cutest thing. We had little slider burgers, mac'n'cheese and salad. It was wonderful. The girls all got to make veils out of crazy random things and they turned out gorgeous! I got so many wonderful things from so many wonderful people! I got to meet some of Franks converts and that was really cool. Then I had to come back to real life. Utah.
As usual I come home and workmans comp is no help. Franks car is still totaled. Then good things start happening. Frank gets another car, my shoulder heals and I can work with babies again, Frank gets a new job as a manager. And we are just as happy as can be.
Big news. I'm not going to school this semester because in August we are moving back to Virginia! Frank and I decided Virginia will be the best thing for us, so after the wedding well...a few months after we are heading back to the 804. Frank is going to go to school for law enforcement and I am going to school for nursing. Which is really cute because when I was younger I had an imaginary boyfriend named "police officer". And now I'm marrying one :)
That is our life in a nut shell :) Everything else is peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment