Friday, May 28, 2010

Past Year of Life

Okay so here goes my first blog entry. It's weird because I haven't done this since Xanga when I was 11. I guess this is a little more sophisticated and not so dramatic. So to kick off my blog I'm going to start out with the past year of my life.

So I graduated from Matoaca High School in June 2009. I decided I go to community college in Virginia for a little bit and see how I liked it. Well.. I hated it, but I didn't have money to go away to school. So I decided to work. It was a little rough finding a job. I had just had random jobs in high school like working for Tropical Smoothie and a real estate office. So I didn't actually have experience in anything. I tried getting a job with an oral surgeon, but after one day I got Tonsillitis and they fired me because I missed one day of work. So I was out looking for a job again. Finally I found Primrose Schools where I was hired as a teacher. I loved that job!! So I took off of school for a semester and just worked at Primrose. I loved the kids and the people I worked with. I probably got a little too attached. All I did was work and go to the gym. Then I'd go home, wake up and do it all over again. So life got pretty boring for a while. Then I met Elder Clayton (Frank). He was a missionary in my ward, but he got sent home early because of his knee. Well when he got home we found each other on facebook and talked non-stop. Needless to say, I had a crush on him. So what did I do? I decided to go visit him in Utah. So I went to Utah an LOVED it there. While I was in Utah I found out I got accepted to BYU-Idaho for winter 2011. Well I didn't want to wait that long to go to school and I loved everything about Utah and I felt like that was where I needed to be. So kind of on a whim, I decided to move to Utah and go to LDS Business College.

So three months later, here I am in Salt Lake City. I've been here for about fifteen days and I absolutely love it here! Of course it was sad packing up my room, saying goodbye to my family, friends and coworkers (and the kids I worked with). But I did it. I walked out of my house for the last time, drove down Tooley drive for the last time and got on a plane with my mom heading to Utah. When we got here Frank picked us up from the airport and took us to Erin's house where we stayed for a few days. I spent Friday and Saturday shopping non-stop for my new apartment, which I love, and spending the last few days with my mom. Saying good-bye to my mom was like stabbing myself in the eye with a rusty nail, but I'm doing okay. I love my apartment so much. Everything about it is awesome. Me and my roommates are like best friends now! I have the cutest room. And guess what? I actually like to cook and clean. WHAT? I know. I never thought I'd say it. But my first meal I made was beef enchilada casserole. and it was beautiful. I like cooking for other people more. So I cook for my roommates. Nothing really interesting. Oh, but I did find out about WinCo. Groceries for $34.00! Yeah that's right. But anyways, so things were going great, and then I decided things weren't working out between me and Frank. So I had to end things. That has been pretty rough. I'm hanging in there though. My roommates keep me busy!

School starts on Wednesday. I'm so excited!! I love school and learning. I'm taking an English class, Personal Financing, Intro to Drawing, and some other class they made me take in order to take my English class. So I'm pretty excited. I don't have a job yet, I'm still looking. But I can't really get a job without a car, and I can't get a car without selling my old car first. So I'm in a bit of a pickle! haha. So lets pray my car gets sold soon. I'm going to apply at Inn N Out (that's to make my brother jealous). So maybe I'll get a job there? It's kind of a step down from Primrose, but I'll be making more. haha.

I think that's all I have to update on life right now. So here's to having a blog. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment